IT Lab Technician
As a Lab Technician you will be responsible for day to day order fulfillment of our computer lab as well as assisting with internal IT infrastructure. You will be responsible for all IT functions including order fulfillment, quality control and software management. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
- Responsible for imaging of PC and Apple products
- Install and configure custom client software
- Maintain, analyze, and troubleshoot computer systems, hardware, printers, and computer peripherals
- Upgrade and track hardware such as RAM, hard drives, and video cards
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems
- Provide technical consultation to internal staff, clients and/or field technicians. Includes after hours & weekends.
- Repairing of IT equipment
- Maintain internal IT equipment, LAN and WIFI network
- Any other duties as assigned by management
- Knowledge of Norton Ghost, Apple configurator and Apple Deploy Studio a plus, but not required
- Ability to read technical documentation
- PC and printer networking experience
- Must possess problem-solving skills, have self-initiative, meet deadlines, and have great attention to detail
- Stay current with newest technology to provide creative and efficient solutions
- Ability to be flexible with schedule as business needs require. This is a customer driven industry that often works over 40 hours a week. Evening and weekend scheduling is a must during our peak busy seasons.
- Requires the ability to move freely about the facility, work sitting or standing, operate basic business machines and lift and carry technology and other position related equipment.
*Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.